How to Wash Bamboo Pillows?
Bamboo pillows are becoming popular day by day and if you are one of the people who have contributed to their popularity then you must have questions like how to wash bamboo pillows? And many more related to its maintenance like how do you care for a bamboo pillow?
In this article, we will answer every question related to the maintenance of bamboo pillows.
Sleep is one of the most important factors that contribute to human health and being deprived of good and quality sleep can take a major toll on one’s health.
From minor issues like fatigue, sleepiness during the daytime to major issues like heart failure, memory issues and many more can be caused by the lack of quality sleep.
Therefore, having a quality and peaceful sleep is essential, and some of the things that help to make sure you get it is the pillows that accompany you in your bed during sleep. Having a good pillow can give many benefits and one of the best types of pillows that help with getting those is the bamboo pillow.
Maintaining these pillows can be a little tricky but that won’t happen anymore as this article will help you with simple and easy-to-follow steps and tips for questions like how to wash bamboo pillows? How often should you change a bamboo pillow?
So, let’s start with the first question that every bamboo pillow owner has i.e.
How to wash bamboo pillows?
When you think it is time for them to get a wash after using it for a while following the steps given below to know how to do it properly.
- Almost all bamboo pillows come with a removable cover so when you want to wash your bamboo pillows, we suggest starting with the pillow cover.
- Separate the pillow cover from the bamboo pillow carefully.
- For a pillow cover use a mild or gentle cleansing agent or a detergent. Use about 1 teaspoon of detergent for cover.
- Be sure to note that the detergent should not contain any bleach as it will damage the pillow product.
- Now use lukewarm or cold water but not too cold or too hot.
- If you are washing by hand then use a tub or a sink and fill the water to ½ of its capacity or just enough to let the pillow cover submerge.
- After you have submerged the pillow cover in water, pour in detergent on the wet surface of the cover and rub the surface of the pillow cover gently if possible.
- Make sure to rub all the surfaces of the pillow cover.
- Now wash the pillow cover thoroughly but gently and under a gentle flow of water.
- After you are done washing gently push out the water out of the cover and let it hang dry in an open area preferably under the sun.
- Let the cover dry completely before use.
‘How to wash bamboo pillows’ – This question’s solution solution is not as difficult as it sounds, if you know all the right tricks.
Can you wash a bamboo pillow in the washing machine?
For all most bamboo pillows, you can. But we suggest you go through all the instructions just in case your pillow turns out to be an exception.
Bamboo pillows with regular foam cannot be machine washed as they are too delicate even for the gentle cycle of the machine.
We would recommend you to wash the pillow cover in machine and pillow foam or the inner pillow by hand for the best results and for making your pillows long-lasting.
To wash bamboo pillow cover in a washing machine, follow the instructions given below:
- First, take off the cover of the bamboo pillow from the rest.
- You can clean the cover with a load of laundry that has soft and delicate materials similar to the cover and also pay attention to the color.
- If your pillowcase is dark color then make sure the laundry is of dark-colored clothes and if light then light-color laundry.
- Use lukewarm water and put the machine on a gentle cycle.
- After this, you can air-dry the cover.
Washing bamboo pillows at least twice a year is generally recommended to maintain the cleanliness and durability of the pillows but it may also defer from company to company.
It is always advisable to first read through the instructions given by the company on the bamboo pillow cleaning before washing it to avoid anything that can cause damage to the pillow.
Remember a new bamboo pillow may emit a foam odor or an unpleasant after removal from the packaging but you do not need to wash the pillows immediately because of it. Let the bamboo pillows air out for a day or more, preferably in an airy space and the odor should be gone by then.
How do you care for a bamboo pillow?
Always follow the instructions given by the company regarding the maintenance and cleanliness of the bamboo pillow.
When you are removing the pillow out of the packaging you receive, never use a sharp or hard object to do that. It may tear into the pillow.
Always let the pillow out for at least a day before using it for the first time to remove any unwanted smell from the packaging.
Over-washing and cleaning can also damage the bamboo pillows. Never use hot or too cold water to wash these pillows it can cause permanent damage to the foam and pillow.
Lukewarm water is the best for washing bamboo pillows.
How often should you change a bamboo pillow?
It is recommended to change bamboo pillows every two to three years. Some of the things that indicate you to change your pillows are:
- Firm stains that you are not able to remove.
- Feeling uncomfortable after resting on the pillows.
- Having allergic reactions to them due to dust mites.
- Pillow is not fluffy anymore and has become lumpy and stiff.
If your pillow is showing any of the symptoms from the above then you know that you need a new one. How to wash bamboo pillows – it is simple and convenient.
How do you wash a pillow without ruining it?
If you want to take no chances on your pillow then handwashing them would be the best solution.
You can control the amount the pressure and be gentle to the pillows without damaging the foam inside which is very crucial in the maintenance of the pillows.
Can I dry my pillow in the dryer?
You can dry two pillows together in the dryer and use a delicate cycle to keep the shape and fluff of the pillow.
Here is all about ‘how to wash bamboo pillows.’
How to wash and dry bamboo pillows?
You can hand wash or wash the bamboo pillows in the washing machine following the instructions given in the manual of the pillow.
Air drying the bamboo pillows would be the best option but you can dry the bamboo pillows in the dryer as well but use the delicate mode and put two pillows together.
How to wash a miracle bamboo pillow?
Miracle bamboo pillows offer temperature neutrality and are one of the best in this field. They are breathable, foldable, and light, and easy to move. They are especially good for people who like to keep their pillows as their cuddle companions.
You can wash Miracle bamboo pillows in both washing machines as well as by hand washing.
You can wash them in a gentle cycle with lukewarm water in the washing machine but separate the pillow cover and the inner pillow before doing so.
Use a gentle and mild detergent, one without bleach. You can also dry both of them in the dryer on a low tumble setting. Or you can air dry them.
How to wash a zen bamboo pillow?
Zen brands bamboo pillows are made of super plush materials with a luxurious bamboo cover and are also fade and stain-resistant.
They also have allergy-friendly pillows that are comfortable and compatible with all sleeping positions. They are lightweight and easy to clean along with long durability.
Use a delicate cycle to wash Zen bamboo pillows and dry them in a ventilated area preferably by laying them on a flat surface. How to wash bamboo pillows – be careful in following the steps and you will get the best result
How to wash bamboo body pillow?
A bamboo body pillow is used to improve the alignment of the spine and provide relief to our body pressure points.
They are also made for pregnant women to keep their bodies comfortable while side sleeping. They can also be used to snuggle and also help you with keeping cool temperature during hot days.
They are also dust resistant which makes them even more perfect.
You can wash them in the washing machine and also by hand but always use a gentle cycle for the former and always go through the instructions provided by the company to ensure the best maintenance and cleanliness.
Can you wash the essence of bamboo pillows?
The essence of the bamboo pillow is washable. You can also wash it in the washing machine but to be safe always go to the cleaning instructions given with the product before doing anything.
How to clean bamboo memory foam pillow?
Bamboo memory foam pillow should be cleaned with utmost care. It should be washed by hand only to prevent any damage as it very sensitive material and can be easily damaged if not taken proper care of.
To wash the bamboo memory foam with hands, follow the steps given below:
- You would need a tub or basin in which the pillow can fit.
- Fill up the container with lukewarm water until it is enough to submerge the pillow completely.
- Then take about 13 to 15 ml of mild detergent.
- Submerge the pillow completely until it is wet inside out.
- Then take out the pillow from the water and pour the detergent on its surface and start to rub in gently till the detergent is soaked inside the pillow.
- Massage the whole surface of the pillow gently and firmly and in an outwards direction with your fingers.
- Then keep squeezing the pillow gently underwater to let the detergent be completely soaked in the pillow.
- Before rinsing the pillow try to gently remove as much liquid and soap as possible by extracting it with your fingers all over the pillow.
- Never twist the pillow to remove the water as it can deform its shape.
- You can put the pillow on a flat surface and then try to squeeze the water and soap by moving your fingers outwards to move the water on the surface.
- After you have removed most of it you can rinse the pillow under the tap but make sure the water speed is not too fast and rough.
- Rinse the pillow for about half to one minute or until the soap is completely removed from the pillow.
You can dry the bamboo memory pillow foam in a good ventilated area on a flat and clean surface. Preferably under an area where the sun can reach it.
How to wash the original bamboo pillow?
How to wash bamboo pillows- be carefully in each step.
Original’s bamboo pillows are a great choice for people who are looking for affordable and great bamboo pillows to upgrade their sleep.
Their pillows are packaged tightly and are flat but you can fluff them up by first removing the packing and then using your hands to gently stretch it from the surface to break the lumps.
Then put the pillow in a dryer to activate the memory foam and it will be all fluffy in no time.
You can handwash the pillows or use a washing machine to clean them. Use a gentle cycle to wash in the washing machine and also be gentle while washing them with hands.
How to wash an aloe vera bamboo pillow?
Aloe Vera bamboo pillows are made from 100% memory foam and help in relieving many ailments like snoring, neck pains, migraines, etc.
They are breathable pillows and align to different sleeping positions like side sleeping and back or stomach.
They are hypoallergenic and also have cooling technology.
You can wash Aloe Vera bamboo pillows with cold water in the washing machine and dry them on low heat in the dryer.
Bamboo pillows are a great and beneficial addition to your sleeping set and can help your sleep and health to maximum. Hope you got all your answers for the question ‘how to wash bamboo pillows.’
You can also check out the best nasal dilators.