The Best Pima Cotton Sheets – Soft, Durable & Luxurious | Buy Now
The idea of sleep is what keeps us (well, most of us) going throughout the hardships of our day. So, it is natural if we want to have good bedding for sleeping. So, here we are. In this article, we are going to talk about the best pima cotton sheets.
If any of you are unaware of pima cotton sheets, don’t worry. We will talk about that first. Pima is an extra-long-staple variety of cotton fiber that originated in the USA. These fibers are longer than the regular cotton ones. Also, they are finer, stronger, and sturdier. And, obviously being better, they are more expensive.
But why pima cotton sheets in particular? It is because these sheets are very comfortable for hot-sleepers and cold-sleepers. Also, who doesn’t like cotton? It is natural, easy to clean, looks good, and is long-lasting. What else do you expect from a bedsheet?
So, in the next part of this article, we will talk about the important factors that decide what makes the best pima cotton sheets. Then, we will see a few of the highly-rated sheets that have great features. In the end, we will acquaint ourselves with some of the most common queries about these best pima cotton sheets and the answers to the questions.
So, let’s step into the first part.
Best Pima Cotton Sheets – Buying Guide
The task of buying sheets should not be underestimated. It takes a lot of reading and feeling (of the sheets) when it comes to zeroing in on the right one. So, simply saying, the budget might be an important part of the purchasing process but it must not be the only one. So, let’s see what all we didn’t know about pima cotton sheets.
Factors to look for while buying the best pima cotton sheets
- Thread count
For the uninitiated, thread count is the total number of threads running horizontally and vertically in a 1 x 1 inch square of fabric. So, if a cloth has a thread count of 300, it means a 1 x 1 inch square of its fabric has 150 threads running lengthwise and 150 running breadthwise. This is an important property of any bedsheet that determines its quality. Now, the optimum thread count of a fabric lies anywhere between 200 and 600.
So, it might be clear from this that the higher the thread count (also abbreviated as TC), the higher is the quality and the price. But if you come across a sheet that has a TC of, let’s say 1000 or more, it might be fake and a way to attract customers. Also, you would have to pay a lot of money for that sheet.
- Dimensions of the bedsheet you want
Since the bedsheet you buy must fit snugly to your mattress, you must make sure which size you are planning to buy.
Bedsheets are available in different sizes – twin (also called single), twin XL, double (also called full), queen, king, and California king. These are the sizes of the bedsheets. Let’s talk about their types.
A bedsheet can be fitted or flat. The first type is used to cover the mattress and the second is used to cover our body. It is easy to distinguish between them because flat sheets do not have elastic while fitted sheets do. Most of the packages come with one flat sheet, one fitted sheet, and one or two pillowcase(s).
The pillowcases come in three main sizes – standard, queen, and king. One standard pillowcase can be placed on a twin bed while two can fit the double bed. Two queen-sized pillowcases (or pillows) can fit a queen-sized mattress and two king-sized pillows can fit a king mattress. You can also buy the euro pillow for decorative purposes.
Another factor is the pocket depth of the fitted sheet. Some mattresses are deep while some are not. So, overlooking the pocket depth is a common mistake that many buyers make. Fitted sheets can be standard (7 to 12 inches), deep (13 to 17 inches), and extra deep (18 to 25 inches).
For measuring the pocket depth (or width) of your mattress, you can use a measuring tape or scale.
- Weaving pattern
Cotton clothes have two main weaving patterns – percale sheets and sateen. Percale is a one-over-one-under pattern while sateen is four-over-one-under. The former is less glossy as compared to the satin-like sateen weave but is stronger and crispier.
So, choosing either is the buyer’s choice.
- Quality of the bedsheet manufacturer
Certain manufacturers have established their names in the home-furnishing market. So, buying from them would be safer and less risky. But, this does not mean that the less popular companies manufacture bad products.
Buy a bed sheet that has a warranty or a return policy. Sometimes, manufacturers do not mention the warranty. So, feel free to contact them before you zero in on their product. Also, make sure that you check the reviews about them online.
- Breaking in
If you notice a newly purchased cotton sheet, you will see that many of them are stiff and not soft enough. This is because of the high thread count (if you have a pretty expensive cotton sheet). So, the sheet will gradually soften after multiple washes. This process is called breaking in.
So, do not feel like you have been fooled by the company if the cotton sheet is stiff in the beginning. Just wash it a couple of times and wait till it gets softer. If it doesn’t, you might want to return your bed sheet.
These points are the most important ones when it comes to purchasing one of the best pima cotton sheets. So, if you keep them in your mind, the process will be easier and you can deftly cross out the low-quality bed sheets from your list.
Best Pima Cotton Sheets Reviews
Now, let us take a look at five of the most preferred pima cotton bed sheets and their features.
Let’s start this list with a best pima cotton sheets set from the company Peru Pima. This product has several remarkable features and is available at a reasonable price.
- It is available in 13 different colors and patterns.
- The pima cotton used here is Peruvian Pima (that is grown in Peru).
- It is available in four sizes – twin, king, queen, and California king.
- The package contains a fitted sheet, flat sheet, and pillowcases (one or two) according to the preferred size.
- The fitted sheet is elasticized and has a pocket depth of 15 inches.
- The weaving pattern used is percale.
- The bedsheet set is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, which means that no harmful chemicals are used in its manufacture.
- The company also promises a 30-day return policy with a full refund if the customer is unsatisfied.
The next best pima cotton sheets is from the company Peru and is preferred by many customers because of its features and price.
- It is available in 4 different colors and shades – white, grey, ivory, latte
- It is available in 5 different sizes – king, queen, twin, california king, and full.
- The set contains a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and a standard-sized or king-sized pillowcase (one or two).
- The fitted sheet is fully elasticized and has a pocket depth of up to 15 inches.
- The weaving pattern used here is sateen.
- It has a thread count of 600.
- The company is also OEKO-TEX certified and hence, the sheets are free from poisonous chemicals.
- Peru also promises a 30-day return policy with a full refund.
- The sheets are soft, lustrous, and long-lasting.
The third bed sheet set on this list is from the company Isabella Cromwell. It has many good features and is offered at a great price.
- It is available in 15 different colors and patterns.
- The sizes are twin, full, queen, king, and California king.
- The pillowcase sizes available are standard and king.
- The thread count of the sheets is 500.
- The fully elasticized sheet has a pocket depth of 16 inches but fits mattresses of up to 18 inches.
- The sheet also has a Smart Head/Foot Tag to identify its width side.
- The sheets are manufactured in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified factory and are environment-friendly and skin-friendly.
- The fabric is comfortable, breathable, long-lasting, and gets softer after each wash.
- Isabella Cromwell also promises a 30-day return policy with a full refund if the product is not up to the mark.
The next bed sheet set on this list is from the company Chateau Home Collection. This is also packed with great features, a happy customer base, high reviews, and a reasonable price.
- It is available in 12 different colors and hues.
- The set comes in 4 different sizes – twin, queen, king, and California king.
- The thread count of the fabric is 800.
- The weaving pattern used in this is sateen.
- It is breathable, wrinkle-free, soft to touch, and hypo-allergenic.
- The package includes a flat sheet, a fitted sheet, and two king-sized or standard-sized pillowcases.
- The fitted sheet has a pocket depth of 16 inches but fits mattresses of width up to 18 inches.
- The fitted sheet also features a Smart Head/Foot Tag to easily identify the width side of the sheet.
- The manufacturer is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified which means that the sheets are free from toxic chemicals.
The next and final bed sheet set is from the company Vivendi. Like the previous ones, this product has features that vouch for its high quality and reasonable price. Let’s go through its features.
- The bed sheet set is available in three different sizes – full, king, and queen.
- There are 5 different shades and colors to choose from – granite grey, ivory, silver, sky blue, and white.
- The set has a flat sheet, a fitted sheet, and two king-sized or standard-sized pillowcases.
- The thread count of the sheets is 500.
- The pocket depth of the fitted sheet is 15 inches.
- The manufacturing company is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified. Hence, the products are free from any potentially toxic chemicals.
- The sheets are soft, breathable, long-lasting, elegant-looking.
- They also have a detailed marrow hemmed trim to enhance their look.
- Unlike many bedsheets that require hand-wash, these can be machine washed.
As mentioned above, the process of choosing a high-quality and durable bed sheet is gradual and cumbersome. But if you follow these factors and the examples of a few highly-rated bed sheets, you can easily own one of the best pima cotton sheets in no time.
Now that we have reached the end, why don’t we look at the answers to some of the frequently asked questions about best pima cotton sheets?
Do Pima cotton sheets keep you cool?
Yes, best pima cotton sheets are very adept at keeping the sleeper cool because they are very breathable and soft. Also, they get softer after each wash.
Do Pima cotton sheets pill?
Pilling is a natural occurrence when it comes to synthetic fabrics. But, since pima cotton is a natural fiber, you do not have to worry about pilling.
Which is better – Pima cotton or Egyptian cotton?
This question has given rise to a debate that never ends. Both varieties are high-quality and expensive. But, Egyptian cotton is generally more non-pocket friendly even though you may find some best pima cotton sheets at a lower price. Again, this is a personal choice because both types are good. But, remember that if you prefer pima to Egyptian, you are not compromising with the quality.