The 5 Ws and H of 6 Best Bed Wedge Pillow
- Heartburn – Some people suffer from a condition called acid reflux. The contents of the stomach flow back into the esophagus leading to a burning sensation. A little of an elevation while lying down can help prevent acid reflux
- Snoring – Snoring disturbs the people around you. If you have tried nose clips, drops etc…but nothing has worked yet, give the best bed wedge pillow a chance. An elevated pillow not only allows people around you to sleep well but also provides the snorer with some comfort.
- Neck, back, and shoulder pain – These pains arise from not supporting your head properly while sleeping. A bed wedge pillow will ease the pressure on your spine so that you can sleep comfortably.
- Congestion – If you are suffering from cold or sinusitis, you may not find it hard when in the upright position. That is because gravity helps in draining out the fluids. However, when you lie down, breathing might become more difficult. Thus, using a pillow that has an angle will help in breathing easily while lying down.
Best Bed Wedge Pillow – Buying Guide
Best Bed wedge pillows come in various sizes, positioned at different angles, and even have different compositions. Which one should you buy depends on what condition you are suffering from? It is better to consult a doctor for guidance regarding the same.
Factors to look for
Here are a few factors you might want to consider before buying a best bed wedge pillow.
- Firmness – The firmness of the pillow varies based on its composition. Do you want the pillow to be soft or firm? Some pillows have a polyester fiber fill which creates a soft layer and provides comfort. Polyurethane foam is the firmest of all and provides solid spinal support. The memory foam, on the other hand, is less firm and provides more cushioning.
- Pillow size –Like any other regular pillow, bed wedge pillows also come in a range of sizes. Again, the size you want depends on what condition you are suffering from. Go for a size that can comfortably support your body parts that are hurting.
- The angle – The angle of elevation ranges from 20° – 40°. Your doctor will be able to recommend which angle will provide the most comfort for you.
- Check the materials and chemicals used in the pillow. Some people are allergic to substances such as formaldehyde which are used in some pillows.
- Your doctor’s recommendation – A visit to the doctor will help you in deciding which pillow is the best to alleviate the condition you are suffering from.
Best Bed Wedge Pillow Reviews
Here is our list of the best bed wedge pillows that have satisfied customers. Let us take a look at the products and their salient features.
This best bed wedge pillow from DMI is made especially for people suffering from back pain, knee pain, varicose veins, or restless legs. It is used to elevate your leg comfortably. Let us see some of the features of this bed wedge pillow.
- The pillow is available in three different sizes
- The cover has a zipper and is removable. The cover can be machine-washed and laundered.
- The pillow is suitable for use above and underneath your covers
- The supportive pillow has firm foam. It does not lose its shape.
- It is 20” wide. There is plenty of space to keep your legs
- The angle of the wedge supports the thighs well. It is easy to find the right position
Say goodbye to aching backs and clogged sinuses. Ebung’sbed wedge pillow is made of memory foam and provides utmost comfort to the user. The product has some striking features that are listed below.
- It is a multipurpose wedge pillow. This single pillow can be used as a pregnancy support pillow, reclining pillow, post-surgery support pillow or just a couch pillow
- Maintenance is easy. The pillow has a removable cover. The cover sits firmly and does not slip, thereby, preventing dust from settling in. It remains hygienic. The cover can be easily washed and reused.
- Unlike certain wedge pillows that get heated up after long periods of use, the Ebung bed wedge pillow remains cool. It is manufactured such that it does not let moisture to sink in.
- It is made of durable materials. You can use it for several years. The material is also breathable.
- The pillow is super-soft and is gently on your skin. You need not worry about catching allergies from using this wedge pillow
This is one of the best-selling bed wedge pillows that can relieve respiratory issues, snoring, head, neck and shoulder pain, acid reflux, and varicose veins. It can also be used to support a body part post-surgery. Listed below are some of the features of the wedge pillow.
- It is versatile. It can be used for head or foot elevation.
- This is also perfect for reading or watching TV while on your bed
- Both sides of the wedge are usable. The convoluted side provides maximum comfort and provides better airflow. The flat side is firm and provides solid support.
- The cover is made up of soft fiber. It is gentle on your skin.
- It adds to the aesthetic appeal of your bedroom as well. The wedge pillow is available in beautiful patterns
- The cover has been treated with Nanotex. This makes it resistant to liquids. Thus, there is no harm even if you accidentally spill something on your wedge pillow.
- The quilt has multiple layers to protect against rips and tears
This bed wedge pillow by All Sett Health provides maximum comfort to the user. The pillow has a versatile design and can be used for multiple purposes. What are the features of this bed wedge pillow? Let us explore.
- Wedge pillows usually carry a smell from the foam. All Sett Health has years of experience in foam manufacturing. Thus, they successfully deliver odorless wedge pillows.
- It is compact. You can easily carry it around if you are traveling. It does not take up much of storage space as well.
- The plush grey cover has a zipper using which it can be removed easily. The cover is machine washable. It is made up of soft polyester material and is gentle on your skin.
- The pillow is designed with the comfort of the users in mind. Since different people may prefer different angles, the pillow can be adjusted between 30° and 60°. Whether you want to lie on your back or you are a side-sleeper, this wedge pillow is perfect for you.
- It is foldable.
- It can be used to support the head, back, or legs. The wedge increases blood flow, reduces snoring, and acid reflux. It can also reduce the effects of conditions such as varicose veins, edema, knee pain, and back pain.
This wedge pillow from Brentwood has a gradual slope. It provides a soothing effect for those suffering from acid reflux or swollen ankles. This high-quality product provides various levels of elevation. You can choose from three different sizes of bed wedge pillows.
- You can comfortably watch television or read a book in the lying down position
- The gradual slope helps in easing respiratory problems and pain in the shoulders and the neck
- The knit bamboo cover is extremely soft. It can be removed, washed, and reused. The cover is easy to maintain
- By positioning the torso correctly, your digestion can be brought back on track. The elevation creates an anti-reflux position
- Elevating your legs while lying down will enhance blood circulation
- Any problem where there is difficulty in breathing while in the supine position can be got rid of, with the help of this best bed wedge pillow
Most of the bed wedge pillows in the market contain a 1” foam layer. Silverback brings you the only wedge pillow in the market that contains a 2” memory foam topper. This is to provide extra comfort to the user. Let us check out some other interesting features of the product.
- The customer service is commendable. Comfort is guaranteed. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, Silverback is ready to provide you a refund or a replacement
- If you are suffering from sickness especially while in the lying down position, this wedge pillow is what you need, to get your sleep back. Make the purchase and see how you gradually get rid of sleepless nights
- The pillow is made up of memory foam. This is known to be super soft and provide utmost comfort to the user
- The bamboo pillow cover provides a cooling effect. So, you can wake up fresh! The cover improves air circulation and keeps you cool throughout the night
- This cover is removable and machine-washable
- The cover is made of hypoallergenic material. So it is safe for everyone. The cover is also resistant to dust and mites.
We have seen why a best bed wedge pillow is used. People suffering from head and neck pain, backache, knee pain, varicose veins, acid reflux, people who snore, pregnant women etc…all deserve a good night’s sleep too. While it may seem like the much-needed sleep is eluding them, the bed wedge pillow could just be what they need.
If you are suffering from any of the conditions mentioned above, instead of trying to buy a best bed wedge pillow by yourself, consult a doctor. There are many factors such as the size, elevation, material, and composition etc…that need to be considered before buying a best bed wedge pillow. Your physician would be the right person who can diagnose the issue and recommend a comfortable bed wedge pillow.
It is not just to ease the aching parts of the body. Some people also prefer using a wedge pillow for watching television or reading a book while on their beds. A wedge pillow provides good support for your spine and enhances blood circulation. Thus, anybody who works from their bed can also make use of a wedge pillow. In that case, you can go ahead and purchase by yourself. Just make sure that you know what you are buying, Different pillows provide different levels of elevation and comfort. Know what you are looking for and make the purchase accordingly.
Where to buy a bed wedge pillow?
A bed wedge pillow can be bought either online or from an offline store. Many e-commerce websites have a good variety of bed wedge pillows. Among retail stores, those that sell mattresses and regular pillows should have wedges as well.
How to use a bed wedge pillow?
If you are using it to ease the pressure on your spine, use it to support your back. If you are suffering from swollen ankles or pressure on your legs, place the pillow such that your thighs rest on them. Go through the instructions to see whether the pillow needs to be placed over or underneath your sheets.