In the hustle and bustle of modern life, we often experience our mind and body getting burnt out by the constant hurry of things. This problem was only exacerbating by the advent of the internet and smartphones. While they are an admittedly great technology that has helped us progress into a much more modern society, they have had detrimental effects on us as humans. Modern research suggests that a lack of night sleep results in a myriad of other problems. These include but are not limited to increased stress, reduced productivity, a higher risk of heart disease, and increased susceptibility to obesity. These health issues highlight the improvement a good night’s sleep can bring to your lifestyle best bamboo pillow.
However, getting your much-needed beauty sleep is hard. The culprit behind this might be a lack of ventilation in your bedroom, bright lights, noise, or too much screentime. But usually, the problem lies much closer, the most common reason for not getting enough sleep is uncomfortable bedding and pillows. Simply changing your pillow to a much more comfortable variant can often make the difference needed for you to get your much-needed sleep.
Pillows come in various designs and variants. Common pillows are made from cotton and studded with either down, which is feathers or stuffed with synthetic materials. If you suffer from allergies or are sensitive to smells, you know that down pillows, despite being soft are hard to sleep on because of their stuffing. And synthetic pillows are much worse at providing adequate support and often deflate over time. The recent advent of bamboo sleeping pillows offers a healthy and natural alternative to your sleep problems like Migraines these are the best pillows used for migraines.
The best bamboo pillow is extremely comfortable pillows with bamboo-based outer covers and are stuffed with shredded foam. The bamboo cover provides a durable outer shell to the pillow and is hypoallergenic, making it suitable for people with allergies. The bamboo-based material also makes the cover breathable, making it ideal for warm climates. The inner shredded foam stuffing provides a sturdy, yet comfortable support that adapts to your neck and back as you sleep.
Bamboo pillows might be the solution to your sleeping problems, but with a large number of options available on the market, it is important to make a careful choice for you. Here are some factors to consider while choosing the best bamboo pillow for you.
Factors to Take into Consideration for best bamboo pillow
- Size of your bed: When choosing a pillow for your home, it is important to consider the size of the mattress and bed the pillow is going to be used with. Naturally, if you have a king-sized bed, you will require larger pillows to fill the headrest area. You should choose a pillow size only after you confirm the size of your bed. This of course matters more when you are picking out pillows for a double bed. If you are picking out a pillow for a single bed, it is often recommended that you choose a size that is a comfortable fir for the width of your bed.
- Ability to Wash the Bamboo Pillow: If you are someone who finds their pillows getting dirty regularly and needing washes, you may have to hold off on buying a bamboo pillow. The best bamboo pillow comes with a shredded memory foam filling. Memory foam is great for helping your back adjust to sleeping in healthier positions, however, it is not designed for a regular wash.
While the bamboo cover of the pillow can be easily washed, memory foam often breaks down if regularly exposed to moisture over time. Although you can wash your bamboo pillow once in a blue moon, regularly doing so will affect the memory foam filling.
However, if you find yourself washing pillows due to smells emanating from them, or for the fear of microbial growth, bamboo pillows might be the perfect solution for you. With their dense memory foam stuffing and bamboo-based outer cover, the best bamboo pillow have anti-microbial properties. These properties are derived from the organically anti-microbial nature of bamboo. This reduces the chances of your pillow smelling over time, reducing the need for constant washing.
- Allergies: If you are allergic to things like dust, dander from pets, pollen or feather, bamboo pillows are going to be ideal for you. Bamboo pillows, because of their bamboo-based cover are naturally hypoallergenic. What this means is that even for people who suffer from severe allergies, bamboo pillows will not trigger any allergic reaction. This can be a major cause of your sleepless nights and the best bamboo pillow will conveniently solve that problem.
- Portability: In the 21st century, with everyone using air travel to get to all corners of the globe within hours, portability is a major factor to consider with all your belongings. Once you get used to sleeping with a pillow, it can be hard to achieve the same quality of sleep with other pillows. So, if you want to be able to get a good rest when on a business trip or vacation, that hotel pillow is not going to cut it.
Bamboo pillows are some of the most portable pillows available. Because of the shredded memory foam, they can be compressed to less than half their original size for packing into suitcases or carryon luggage. There is however one downside to bamboo pillows when it comes to portability. The memory foam used for stuffing is incredibly dense. Thus, despite being able to compress them into a small package, bamboo pillows are considerably heavier than other pillows.
These are the factors you need to keep in mind while purchasing the best bamboo pillow for you. Now let us look over some of the best bamboo pillow available on the market for you to choose from.
This bamboo pillow made by Sleepsia comes in sizes suitable for standard, queen, and king-sized beds. The pillow is made from shredded bamboo and memory foam and is ideal for providing efficient support to your back, neck, and spine for long hours at night. The pillow is CertiPUR-US certified and allows for better air circulation, effectively preventing sweating during sleep.
- Shredded memory foam provides unparalleled back, spine and neck support. This helps in alleviating neck and back pains. The pillow also helps correctly align your spine, prevent pain from ever arising.
- This pillow is designed with a 5-inch loft, making it ideal for all sleeping positions. The pillow is suitable whether you like sleeping on your back, your stomach or your side.
- The bamboo infused cover makes the pillow breathable. This ensures air circulation, preventing you from sweating, keeping you comfortable throughout the night.
- The pillow comes with the hypoallergenic qualities of bamboo and is ideal for those suffering from allergies.
Plixio is a small Florida based firm that proudly manufactures their top of the line bamboo pillows in the USA. Their pillows are queen-sized and come with a 10 –year warranty! Each pillow is made from a mixture of 60% polyester and 40% bamboo rayon, making them extremely durable. The memory foam stuffed inside the pillow is infused with a cooling gel that is designed to keep you cool all night while offering neck and back support.
- Cooling gel-infused memory foam makes these pillows great for warm climates. The memory foam provides great ventilation and adapts to your sleeping style. This makes the pillow an ideal choice for those who prefer soft or firm pillows.
- The hypoallergenic bamboo pillowcase is washable and is a great alternative to those who are sensitive or allergic to down or latex.
- Each pillow measures 28x18x7.5 inches, making it suitable fir for queen and king-sized beds.
- The shredded memory foam pillows have a high loft, making them suitable for all sleeping positions. The pillow will provide comfort whether you sleep on your stomach, your back, or on your side.
- The posture provided by the pillows may help with sleeping issues such as snoring, insomnia, and back pains.
This memory foam filled bamboo pillow is amongst the highest rated on the market. Offered in standard, king-sized and queen-sized variants, this bamboo pillow from Snuggle Pedic is made in the USA and is certified by CertiPUR-US. The pillow comes with self-adapting technology. The pillow is made from high-quality foam that never loses shape or goes flat. With a 120-night love it or send it back policy and an industry-leading 20-year warranty, this is one of the best bamboo pillow money can buy.
- Made from 43% viscose of bamboo, 56.4 & polyester, and 0.6% Lycra, the pillow makes sure you stay cool all night.
- The bamboo infused cover prevents any allergic reactions, even for the most sensitive of users.
- The durable bamboo viscose cover also makes the pillow resistant to dust mites.
- The pillow is stuffed with shredded, pressure-relieving memory foam that never goes flat, allowing you to sleep with the perfect alignment for years.
- The pillow has no zippers, thus not needing any adjustments and is machine wash-safe
This pillow from Dreaming Wapiti builds on the tried and tested bamboo pillow design by adding an option to customize it to your will. The pillow has an outer cover made from 60% polyester and 40% bamboo Rayon. This cover makes the pillow feel softer, more breathable, and helps wick away moisture. The interior is stuffed with high-grade memory foam. The pillow allows you to add or remove memory foam as per your requirement, allowing you to add a personalized touch to your bedtime.
- The pillow comes with memory foam stuffing that can be added to or removed as per the customer’s will.
- The pillow has a bamboo-based outer cover which is easy to clean and can be washed in a washing machine.
- The unique quilting design offers heightened support to your back and neck and the high-quality core filling makes the pillow resilient and not prone to deforming.
This pillow from Snuggle Pedic is uniquely different from every other pillow on this list. This pillow is a full body pillow, designed to provide support to your back, stomach, knees, and neck. The large configuration combined with the fabulous qualities of Snuggle Pedic’s bamboo pillows makes this one of the best bamboo pillow available on the market.
- The pillow is in a full-body configuration, measuring at 20×54 inches that orthopedically supports the body for sleeping on the side or on the stomach.
- This pillow is adjustable, it can be spread out or a lower profile or gathered up for thicker support points.
- The pillow is stuffed with high-grade memory foam and the cover is made from 43% viscose of bamboo, 56.4& polyester, and 0.6% Lycra.
- The bamboo-based cover makes the pillow hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites.
- Snuggle Pedic offers a 120-day return policy and an industry-leading 20-year warranty for maximum and long-lasting customer satisfaction.
Bamboo pillows are a modern invention that provides a solution to a problem that has plagued humans for millennia. The bamboo viscose covers help your body breathe better at night by reducing sweating and keeping you cool at the same time. The pillows are also the best sleeping aid for those who are sensitive and have various allergies. We hope that this list helps you choose the best bamboo pillow for your comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are bamboo pillows healthy?
Yes, bamboo pillows are great healthy alternatives to normal pillows for those who are sensitive to dust or have allergies. They are also great for correcting your sleeping posture and letting you have a cool, dry night’s sleep.
- Are bamboo pillows made from bamboo?
Bamboo pillows are not entirely made of bamboo. They have an outer cover that is made from bamboo-derived Rayon which is mixed with polyester. This cover gives the bamboo pillow its hypoallergenic properties. The stuffing in bamboo pillows is shredded memory foam.
- Are bamboo pillows washable?
Bamboo pillows are easy to clean as they have covers that are easy to wash. It is not advisable to wash the entire pillow as memory foam often loses its shape upon repeated exposure to moisture. If you wish to wash your bamboo pillow, you should only wash the cover.
- How long will bamboo pillows last?
Bamboo pillows are a long-term investment for your home. The bamboo-based covers are extremely durable, and the shredded memory foam retains its fluffiness for several years. With the right usage and proper care, a bamboo pillow will last your household for at least a decade.